We are always happy to welcome individuals into our volunteer network. Our volunteers help us in a number of ways, they can provide regular support, such as helping on reception or collecing donations in our van or occasional support - like helping at one off events, support us with seasonal work. We curently have a variety of volunteering opportunities with Swindon Women’s Aid, so if you want to help us to help others please get in touch.
If you can spare a couple of hours a week or a day a month, or if you are interested in being involved in a specific project or supporting us on a adhoc or seasonal basis, we want to hear from you. Please note that some of our volunteering opportunities in refuge may only be open to females, but driving and supporting at events can be undertaken by males or females. We look forward to hearing from you soon !
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who have skills and experience in:
- Volunteer Driver for transit van - needed to pick up and drop off donations/go to recyling centre - Weekly hours to suit !
- Driving - our minibus for adhoc childrens trips & activities during summer holidays - hours to suit !
- Mentoring for our Survivors programme Route 66 - see our website for more details about the programme
- Volunteer children creche workers - Day and early evening hours available
- Volunteer receptionist - Thursdays 10 - 4pm
- Ad-hoc support during our busy seasonal periods such as Christmas, harvest festival etc including organising collections and the wrapping and distribution of gifts and food stuffs, sorting donations, etc
- Adhoc cleaning in the refuge
If you are interested in any of the above volunteering roles please complete the volunteering application form and post it to : Jenny Daniels, Reception Manager SWA PO BOX 3816 Swindon SN5 1BQ or email application to Jenny.Daniels@swindonwomensaid.org. For an informal discussion about any of the roles please contact Karen Stew, Refuge Team Leader T 01793 864984
We also work with local employers on providing organised volunteering opportunities on specific projects for their staff members – please contact us for an informal discussion on how your organisation or team can support us
|SWA VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM - JUNE 2018||110.42 KB|