We are always happy to welcome individuals into our volunteer network. Our volunteers help us in a number of ways, they can provide occasional support - like helping at one off events, support us with seasonal work - like at Christmas or be regular volunteers which help support our services on a weekly or daily basis. We have a variety of volunteering opportunities with Swindon Women’s Aid, so if you want to help us to help others please get in touch.
If you can spare a couple of hours a week or a day a month, or if you are interested in being involved in a specific project or supporting us on a adhoc or seasonal basis, we want to hear from you. Please note that some of our volunteering opportunities may only be open to females.
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who have skills and experience in:
- Driving - to collect and drop off donations
- Driving - our minibus for childrens trips & activities
- Mentoring for our Survivors programme Route 66
- Helping us organise community awareness events & fundraising activities
- Helping us with communications & Marketing.
- Helping us with our Childrens Creche
- Report writing and research
- Applying and writing bids & applications for financial assistance and grants
- Ad-hoc support during our busy seasonal periods such as Christmas, harvest festival etc including organising collections and the wrapping and distribution of gifts and food stuffs, sorting donations, etc
- Adhoc cleaning in the refuge
For more information and to register your interest in volunteering with Swindon Women’s Aid please download and complete the application form below and email us at email@example.com
We also work with local employers on providing organised volunteering opportunities on specific projects for their staff members – please contact us for an informal discussion on how your organisation or team can support us
|SWA Volunteer Application Form||107.18 KB|